Sunday, January 22, 2012

It Is Your Business Or Is This Just Your Hobby?

I remember a song sang by Billy Preston in the seventies called, "Nothing From Nothing". Do you? I remember singing along with this song and in my heart agreeing with every word. Even as I write this, the melody is bouncing in my head and I still agree.

"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing
You gotta have something if you wanna be with me."

What does this have to do with your business, your life or even your destiny. Well, I am glad that you asked that question. many go into business but what they really have is a hobby. They want to make money but they are not willing to invest. they believe that something great, fabulous and awesome should come from nothing.

Let's look at this way, If you invested in the stock market you expect to get a return and you understand that based on the amount of invest that is how your return will be measured. So it is in life. If you are not willing to invest in your business, then why should your clients. Meaning if you can't pay for the website, get a business card, get some paid advertising, and brand yourself, why should your clients believe anything you say you can deliver to them. You have not even delivered a professional looking brand.

In your life if you are not willing to go the distance and pay the price for what you say you want, then you cant get made when your family and friends cant seem to get behind you. People love to follow a leader. In order to lead you have to be going somewhere. I can not lead you where I have not gone. Meaning I must first make the investment in time and energy to know the path that is best to take. then I can lead someone else.

More importantly for business owners, we must understand that our business deserves our investment. We can spend money on shoes, hair, nails, clothes, cars, and houses but when it comes to investing in our future we all seem to be caught up in the here and now. However, there are a few of us understanding that in order for tomorrow to be better than today I must do something today to ensure it.

So let the words sung over 30 years ago, ring in your heart whether it be for business, life or your destiny...
"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. You gotta have something if you wanna be with me." More importantly, you gotta invest in you if you want others to do the same.

Dare 2 B U NOW.

Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment