You might think that there are people who are born with a level of confidence that is enviable. You would be surprised at how hard they have worked to become that confident.
There are effective ways to build confidence. Here are some great tips that you should consider.
1. Find a role model that you could learn from. Having an actual person to look up to would make it easier and realistic for you. Make sure you find out how they became confident and what the factors are, which influenced that person’s confidence level.
2. Consider your achievements and accomplishments. They would help build up your confidence faster.
3. Learn to act confidently. If you do this, thinking and feeling confident would soon follow.
4. Being well-prepared is one of the reasons why confident people stay confident. Nothing destroys confidence more effectively than being caught unprepared.
5. Continually work on your skills. You will be surprised at how confident you will feel when you know you possess the right skills and talents.
6. Learn to relax. To build confidence, you should know how to compose your self and relax. Some people believe that by relaxing, you will be able to fell more confident. On the other hand, if you did not relax, you will feel unprepared.
7. Don’t set yourself up for disappointments. Building confidence would be easier if you set realistic goals. If you feel confident enough to move forward, make sure you do it slowly.
8. Give yourself a pat on the back every time you succeed in one of the goals you have set for yourself. By congratulating yourself, you learn about personal limitations and expectations.
Again, building confidence is not something that can be achieved overnight. If you experience some setbacks, you should charge it to experience and always learn from your mistakes. By not being hard on yourself, you will be able to genuinely build your confidence.
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2009 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Coaching