Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Woman Healed of Life's Expereicnes


Dr. Susan Jeffers says, “Life is not a struggle but an opportunity”.  I know that there are some that read those words and said, “Yeah right, that is not true for me. I have suffered at the hands of those I love. My life has not presented any opportunities to me. It seems that when I think things could come together, they fall apart.” Well I understand your frustration and want to share a bit of my story with you.

I was raised in a verbally abusive home where I was sexually molested and witnessed domestic violence against my mother. I grew up to be angry and built a wall to protect me from everything. Relationship after relationship failed. One day I realized that the life I was living was just a shadow of what could be.  The pain that seemed to hold me prisoner was of my own doing. I was the one not willing to forgive.  I was the one not moving forward. It was like an epiphany, if I would just rise above my hurt I could see a better way of doing things. That day I made up my choice to surrender to God’s love and let the healing begin. I wanted to be free.  However, I knew that would take some restoration of my inner emotions. I would have to learn how to look at life differently, not using my own reasoning because it was skewed and fragile.

I sought help through counselors and coaches. I began to journal, revisiting that pain and allowing love to overcome me. The process was long but thorough.  I emerged a woman healed of life’s experiences. Healing comes in various forms, now as a Pastor and Transformation Empowerment Coach I help other women realize they too can live above hurt.

The first step can be the hardest however, if you are truly ready for healing to occur in your life then you will allow this step to take place, including removing all negative and unhealthy influences in your life. Many times, it is what we allow in our lives that hinder us the most. I had to deal with the past in order to maintain my present and secure my future.


Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment