Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Keep Believing and HOLD On!

Have you ever has someone tell you just keep believing and hold on, it will happen. Sometimes you just want to take that person by the shoulders and shake them. Right? I mean you know that but what you are experiencing right now makes you feel your world is falling out from under your feet.

For many people storms of life can shake us and cause us to lose focus. In these times what we want most is someone to truly understand the sinking feeling in our gut. However, no matter how much we want to wallow in our pity for the failures of life that happen while we are trying to achieve that silver lining, we must never lose sight of the reward. You have a dream, a vision and no matter what going on in your life today, tomorrow does not look like this.

In these times this is what I do to help keep me on track.

1. I close my eyes and see the dream/vision again.
2. I write in my journal any new things that stand out to me.
3. I go to my mirror and repeat the vision to myself until my tears start to dry and a smile appears on my face.
4. I make a new list of things to do and I begin on a new project. Sometimes a fresh look at an old problem will help you overcome obstacles that seemed to be getting the better of you.
5. I find someone who believe in the dream and let them tell me how they know I can do it. This is important because you will find that they have a more accurate report of your status because they are looking from a different angle than you.
6. I remember that I am just a servant and that what my dream/vision will accomplish will not only help me but there are many hundred, even thousands that will benefit from it.
7. Here's a free tip :) I don't wallow in self pity more than an hour. When you let discouragement settle in your mind it works against you and it may take days, months and even years to recover. So don't let it get it's grips on you.

So now go out there and conquer your journey.



Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment