Thursday, May 3, 2012

Never Forget to Say Thanks

One thing I really have learned from living my life is this. Saying thanks is a big deal. Many people take this word for granted. They say it as an after thought. A few months back my lower back hurt all the time. there was not a day that I woke up that I was not in pain. Many times I could not even get out of my bed. One day I asked my sister to help me up and she reluctantly did. When I finally was able to stand on my own midst the sharp pains I whispered, "Thank you." She stop in her tracks, the perturbed look gone and she said wow, you are welcome. You must really be in a lot of pain. That thank you was so full of gratitude." That is when I realized. Those two little words mean the world when said in the spirit of gratitude.

We are all so busy trying to get to the end result that we push past people, step on toes, and crush other feelings all in the name of making our dreams happen. When someone helps us, gives a tip, a strategy, a hand up... we need to take a moment to say..."Thank You" not because you helped me make a dollar, or because you had to do it. But thank you because in the scheme of things, you really did not have to help me. I know many people will say thanks to me for my blogs... some will say thank you for a post I posted on my social media pages. I do not take their thank yous lightly.

Just think it only take a minute to say thank you but it can last for an eternity. You have know the frame of mind someone is in and your thanks can make a world of difference.

Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment