Friday, March 2, 2012

Get Your Head Into the Move

Have you ever moved? I mean moved from one location to another. You like moving from your apartment to a new one or from one house to another. Moving can be stressful but more than that it can cause you to think about your life.

Recently I moved and in the move I decided to de-clutter my life. That meant getting rid of somethings that I was emotional, mentally and spiritually tied to. I needed to make space for the new. Sometimes in our lives we want to move to the next level or a better space but we are too tied to the things that are in our lives currently. We have what I like to call "stinky thinking" or bad habits that tend to stand in our way of moving forward.

So as I started packing up my home, I decided that I would get rid of things that were no longer serving their purpose. I would get rid of things that were no longer aligned with where I am going. I had to think with my head and not my heart. I had to make decisions about old letters I kept neatly in a box, photos and other things that were reminders of a more indecisive me. I had to get rid of old products from past failed businesses that I no longer have the energy or drive to pursue. Papers and more papers were thrown out. Old shoes, clothes and what not knots were given away, some just threw them out. Old furniture, in good shape but does not serve a purpose now.

I went from top to bottom. Many times I had to stop and cry, I had so many memories, good and bad. De-cluttering my life is a must for my new level. My move was not just a physical one, it was a mental, emotional, spiritual and financial one. every area of my life would be affected by this move. No matter how attached I was to the stuff I got rid of, I knew that it was opening my life to the new and unknown. A welcomed change for this lady. Some of the things I got rid of were comfortable to me. They had proven their worth in times past. However, my life is now outgoing that comfortable space.

As you move forward in your life. Learn to get your head in the move. Know the reason why a move is necessary and what can and cannot go along with you. this includes people. the connections we make in life serve purposes and we must know when their purposes have been served. Some will be connections for a life time others will be seasonal connection. Know the difference. Keep your life De-cluttered. Everything should have a place and a purpose in your life.

I understand that many times it is more easier said than done. but you must do it. after getting rid of the clutter in my life, I am moire freer to make the necessary decisions that I need to make moving forward. Not only is my physical space neater, my spiritual, mental and emotional space is neater. I can think clearer and my creativity is at it's peak.

Make up your mind to today to get your head into your move, decide to clear your space and make room for the new. With each new level comes new ideas, new responsibilities and new wins. Just like a physical new space requires you to decorate it to make it your own you must be willing to make changes in every area of your life to get you where you are going. It's your choice.

Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment