Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mind Over Matter

Let's talk about transformation. The way I will talk about transformation is going to be a little bit different than what you may be use to. I want to use my life as an example. In 2009, I want to lose weight, well actually i wanted to release some weight. If you lose it, it stands to be true that you will find it again. I was not trying to find anything. I wanted it gone and gone for good. Now it was not due to health issues or any other issue that I wanted to do this. I can say it was just that fact that I wanted to be thinner. I have been overweight for a good portion of my life and I wanted to see how I would look thinner.

So, I thought to myself, I am going to go a diet and diet for a few weeks. After I reach my targeted goal I would get off the diet and go back to doing what I was doing before. I felt I was healthy and did not need to change things to maintain my new status. So I announced to my Facebook friends and family that I was going on a diet and my cousin, said something very profound to me. She responded to my post that I was going to have to change my lifestyle. At the time I just shrugged her words off but as I started my journey I began to see that my mindset had to change. I could not just diet for a few weeks and go back to my same old eating habits or in my case lack of eating habits. I had to change the way I thought about food. I had to change my lifestyle.

More importantly, I had to know the real "WHY" behind wanting to be healthier. It was not just a thought to lose weight and release it. I had to put my mind over the matter. So, I found a diet, "Extreme Fat Smash Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith. I read the book and followed the direction just as stated. I made up my mind that I was not going to just diet but I was going to transform my life.

What i found is that changing the way I was looking at eating and dieting made a huge difference. I was not so quick to slipped up. When I realized that just because I was not having medical issues now, I was adding value to my life. I was making sure I stayed that way. My thoughts about not eating, my metabolism, my exercise and etc changed because now I was doing it to stay healthy. I did not have to get healthy but I did not want to remain healthy. Based on research my current lifestyle would not end well.

Long story short I ended up losing 36 lbs on that diet and keeping 20 lbs off and it has been 3 years since I did that diet. I still have a ways to go but my life has been transformed. I  eat healthier and I eat more often. My mind understands that it is a matter of life and death and I choose life. Once you can get you mind over the matter at hand, You will see that any thing you put your mind to can be changed. You can overcome any obstacle.

It's time you put you mind to it and get it done.


Be Empowered
Coach Linda Hillman
Copyright 2012 Destined 2 B U Empowerment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment